Saturday, October 20, 2007

Still Not Getting it. . .

I got into the swing of things with the new job. I was office-based. A pleasure as we approached Christmas in the Northern Hemisphere. I started late compared to dragging myself out of bed at 05h00 to get across the city to a building site for 07h00 where I would work every hour and weekend that I could. This was such a welcome break. This is what I had been trying to get for almost two years. I had not given up and I had worked hard for it. And I had done everything I could to keep Claudia positive and buoyant, her hardships were in her head and I had done everything to try and help her tackle those. Another couple of weeks and it would be the Christmas break. I would be going out to Germany secure in the knowledge that one of us had good work and a base from which to offer the other a bit more hope, opportunity and financial security. I called more regularly but my cheer, while it did not compound her misery as it might, was met with a significant degree of indifference and disinterest. Roll on Christmas, she would feel better after a week together, a few winter markets, evenings by a fireplace and walks in the crisp snow that Germany would offer.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How did it go on with Claudia and You?
And how do You do now, Charles?

Greetings,
Heike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<xBlogxPhilesx>